The purpose of the Team Showcase is to:
- Recognize individual teams for their performance and the results they achieved.
- Educate other organizations throughout Alabama on the potential benefits of empowered teams.
- Demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to the continuous improvement process.
- Acknowledge the use of Kaizen teams and their related implementation of Lean principles, as well as Quality improvement teams.
- Encourage others to empower teams and be able to take full advantage of the vast array of international talent and skills present in organizations throughout the State of Alabama.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
The applicant’s efforts must be implemented within the State of Alabama, but the organizations may have affiliates, divisions, or headquarters in other states.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT APPLICATIONS:
Applications should be submitted by teams in recognition of exemplary customer service or for exceptionally valuable improvements in a system or process for achieving customer satisfaction. A fully completed official nomination form, including supporting documentation, must be submitted. The application form asks for responses to the evaluation criteria which should be typed, and single-spaced on standard 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper and comprise no more than eight (8) pages. Additional supporting documentation must also be typed or reproduced on standard 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper and must comprise no more than six (6) pages. The application must be signed by an officer or executive of the organization whose span of authority includes the submitting team.